Sunday 18 March 2012

The real fake princess castle and the copy fake princess castle

Instead of writing for you, my dear Polish readers (YES - you read that plural correctly. I am now up to 4 - word is spreading across Poland!), I was busy guest writing for Mouse on the Mind.

Mouse on the Mind recently did this blog post on the original fake fairy tale castle: Neuschwanstein in Bavaria


And being the bragging loser that I am, having:
a) visited the castle, and
b) an obsessive love for Bugs Bunny cartoons,
I was driven to do this guest post on how Walt was rather like our fairytale, opera obsessed friend, King Ludwig.

Mouse on the Mind were very generous to accommodate my ramblings under the title Revisiting Ludwig's Castle.

Go now - click on the links and read both posts!

Learn about the inspiration for Cinderella's castle at Disneyland - which became the template for all Disney theme parks; AND learn about the Wagnerian Ring Cycle in one of my favourite summaries performed by the delightful Anna Russell and of course, Bugs Bunny and Elmer Fudd.

Oh ..... I hear Valkyries approaching now ......

No comments:

Post a Comment