Sunday 25 September 2011

Eating my way around Australia in Florida


Well - as I have now discovered no-one is reading this blog and/or my few readers are completely unable to post comments as to iconic Australian dishes to be showcased at the Australian Booth at the Epcot Food & Wine Festival, I will just keep forging on alone.

I obviously need to increase the snark content.

I shall give you a head start - as Sam Kekovich prescribes: BBQ Lamb Chops:

Hmmm - am I unpatriotric? I use Nigella's Greek inspired marinade for my lamb chops.

so the rest of the Aussie menu includes: Shrimp on the Barbie (and that's not some new Mattel launch where Malibu Stacey and Barbie have become co-joined twins)

You think I do creepy things with Barbie? Go check out the Barbie for Grownups site!
 where was I?? Oh - Shrimp on the Barbie :

with a pepper berry glaze

and a Lamington,



The wines are:
  • Penfolds “Koonuga Hill” Chardonnay
  • Greg Norman Estates Shiraz, Limestone Coast
  • Lindeman’s “Bin 90″ Moscato
  • Penfolds “Thomas Hyland” Cabernet Sauvignon
So what do you think? Is this how you would think Australian cuisine would be immortalised?

p.s. I found this on the Barbie site

Barbie Sea World Trainer
Given this:


... I wonder what accessories are available? maybe this:

Nuuurse?!

1 comment:

  1. Bahahaha on the Seaworld Barbie! My lamb chops are just seasoned with salt and pepper and bunged on the barbie. Or if I'm a little more bothered I crumb them =)

    ReplyDelete